Obamacare

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-16, 11:47 AM
Obamacare

Now I know why Obamacare was forced upon the country. It was so the IRS could create another friggen' piece of paper! The Employer Provided Insurance Offer and Coverage, IRS form 1095-C is provided by the employer. My wife's came with 3 pages of instructions.

Do you think that the government is reimbursing employers for their time wasted on this?

Whatever happened to Al Gore's paperless government? Wasn't that why he invented the internet?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-16, 01:21 PM
Group Moderator
Really, it's not a big deal. Just is a piece of paper showing proof of health insurance. Just like having proof of insurance in your car.

The 3 pages of instructions is a little over the top. Here is mine: Include a copy of the 1099-C with your taxes. Done.

Old 04-01-16, 02:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
But the gov't is so efficient They mailed me the papers stating I am covered thru medicare 3 different times this year.

Last edited by marksr; 04-01-16 at 02:56 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 04-01-16, 02:47 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Whatever happened to Al Gore's paperless government?
Don't forget that Al Gore lost the election because of paper. Remember the hanging chads?

Wasn't that why he invented the internet?
Al Gore invented the Al Gore Rhythm not the internet.

Old 04-01-16, 02:53 PM
Mark - That's more to the point that I was trying to make. My post was intended to be a bit TIC with a tiny rant about nanny state government bureaucracy that requires an employer to report if they offered you health insurance. Outside of the more paper rant I was also complaining about the extra load put on employers. It's another piece of unfunded government imposed bullsheet.

Tolyn, the 1095-C does not have to be filed with a return. It's just another piece of government paper designed to clog up a file cabinet. As far as I can tell it is intended to help rat out working stiffs who did not purchase health insurance.

Old 04-01-16, 03:19 PM
Tolyn, the 1095-C does not have to be filed with a return. It's just another piece of government paper designed to clog up a file cabinet. As far as I can tell it is intended to help rat out working stiffs who did not purchase health insurance.
Absolutely true!

I not only received the 1095-C but TWO 1095-B forms. The first one didn't have the information that Medicare was covering me included.

Before I went on Medicare I thought I was drowning in insurance paperwork. I would LOVE to go back to those days. I swear, I have ten times the amount of paper coming into the house than I did only a year ago and every single mailing has SAVE FOR YOUR RECORDS prominently printed on it. I suggest that 90% (or more) of what I receive is pure WASTE.

Old 04-01-16, 03:29 PM
Temporarily Suspended
As far as I can tell it is intended to help rat out working stiffs who did not purchase health insurance.
Not everyone is working & not everyone can afford health insurance. Poverty level is $24,150 but not for Obamacare. It's $16,000

Old 04-01-16, 10:47 PM
I received one of those 1095-C's too and I agree it is just something more that adds to the cost of your health insurance. Maybe the cost is trivial compared to other things your insurance company has to pay out but it is still an extra cost that is totally unnecessary. It is no wonder that the cost of health insurance has gone up so much with all of the extra paperwork not only on the insurance side but with your doctor too. I had to buy a plan on the insurance market place that is an HMO and it pays nothing for my medication until the price goes very high.

Hopefully the next congress and the next president whoever that might be will change things for the better.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread