Exercise while you cut wood

Old 06-06-16, 07:39 PM
Exercise while you cut wood

I saw this on Facebook and thought I would share this interesting way to cut wood. <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmasterwoodworkers%2Fvideos%2F1525983427727753%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe> Not sure why but it doesn't seem to be working anyway this fellow had modified an old bike so that he could cut wood while he biked. I will look for a You Tube video of the same thing. No luck maybe a moderator can fix the link.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-16, 07:48 PM
If you have the wood supply and the need and the desire, I suppose it "wood" work.

Old 06-06-16, 08:05 PM
Group Moderator
Sorry.... can't salvage the link from your thread. I can see it's from Facebook which maybe one reason why you can't hotlink it to here.

Old 06-06-16, 10:20 PM
Thanks for trying Pete yeah it's from Facebook I know someone else was able to use a link but I guess not everyone can. Must depend on how Facebook is working that day. Too bad because it was neat and I would have liked to share it too. The trouble with Facebook too is trying to find anything again as once they post something when you go back again it is gone. I am not sure but it might have been with the group Woodworking Enthusiasts which has some crazy stuff sometimes. So if anyone is on Facebook they might be able to find it.

Old 06-06-16, 11:03 PM
I am going to try this again only this time with a direct link https://www.facebook.com/Gotta.Go.Do...2826117841346/ I hope this works. It does work I hope you enjoy the video to see it best log into Facebook first and then click on the link.

Old 06-06-16, 11:06 PM
Group Moderator
It works. The bike needs a flywheel for some energy storage.

Old 06-06-16, 11:16 PM
I agree Pete it could be improved but it is still neat and a great way to get exercise too at the same time. Great for an out of the way cabin where you don't have electricity but you want something cut fast.

Old 06-07-16, 03:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
While it is a neat contraption I've always figured I got plenty of exercise using a chainsaw and a splitting maul ..... and get more firewood to show for my effort

You know what they say about firewood - it warms you twice, once while you cut it and again when yo burn it