Beer Can Model Planes

Old 06-18-16, 05:34 PM
Beer Can Model Planes

Went to the Akron, NY Chamber Of Commerce annual sidewalk sale. Saw this and wanted one. Son bought it for me as a father's Day present.

I told the guy I'm not just buying the plane but I want the history behind it. Why did he make them?

He told me he was a prison guard for the past 30 years and needed some kind of therapy. About 8 years ago he saw a model similar to this but not nearly as detailed. He took it apart and improved it to make these detailed models. The prop turns and the wheels turn. He say you might find similar but nothing as good as his models.

I chose the Labatt Blue because it has direct connections to the Buffalo, NY area. He had all kinds including soda pop and other beer brands.

For $20 bucks I got a whimsical toy and my son was happy to get me a Father's Day present.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-16, 07:50 PM
Group Moderator
I had several of these beer can planes hanging in my office. I believe they were purchased from a fair in Pennsylvania by my mother. Definitely a cool looking item.

Old 06-19-16, 06:56 AM
Group Moderator
I have seen other ones similar to that but not 100% the same. Super cool gift and IMO a real bargain for $20 for a hand made item.

Old 06-19-16, 07:03 AM
For some reason the wife won't let me display it in the living room!
She said the patio gazebo, or the garage or the cellar. But not the living room. She'll even let me hang it in the computer room .
Gee I thought it had a certain charm to add to the decor.

Search this Thread