Ain't it the truth

Old 08-09-16, 01:35 PM
Ain't it the truth

Just saw this on the Internet (Stumble Upon) Words of Wisdom:

"LIFE LESSON:

If a new TV cost $2000, and it's on sale for $1750, and then you decide to buy it, you did not save $250. You spent $1750."

Now I have to say at the outset that my wife is very good with money and finances. But when Kohl's sends those 10%, 20% or 30% discount coupons nothing short of divine intervention will stop her from going to Kohl's and "saving" that 30%.

I have to laugh. And when I saw that quote above it I just had to share it.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-16, 02:07 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wife and daughter, alike........."it's 30% OFF". Off what?

Remember, women SHOP, men BUY. Big difference.

Old 08-09-16, 02:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
They've closed our local K-Mart and like most stores that close they put everything on sale ..... except they raised the prices first My wife bought a small pool for my son's girlfriend's son for $50 at Walmart. Last time we went to K-Mart they had the same pool on sale, 30% off for $69

30 yrs ago I had a water treatment sales guy come to my house claiming he'd sell me a system that paid for itself. He said I'd save $1k a year on clothes per person, an amount I no longer remember on soap/detergent, $10k every 10-15 yrs on plumbing repairs, etc. His figures added up but his claims did not!

Old 08-09-16, 02:22 PM
Thanks for putting a smile on my face!!!
Went to Dicks Sunday they had crocks on a hook that said $12.99 I said to the young worker "Dont you have honour that price?" Said she would check with here manager. Sure enough Bought his and her Crocks for better than half off! Did we need them?..... Sure why not at that price! lol