Another Just Stupid

Old 08-10-16, 02:13 PM
Group Moderator
Another Just Stupid

They are remodeling the store down the street. They put a couple of new either A/C or reffer units on the roof. So how did they run their one inch condensate lines? Down the side of the building? No. They ran both pipes inside the 4" down spout of the gutter at the roof edge and then they brought them out at the bottom of the down spout and into the drain tile for the down spout. Wonder how well that down spot is going to carry rain water now.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-16, 03:04 PM
Would've been better to just let the condensate drain into the gutters.

Old 08-10-16, 03:19 PM
Group Moderator
The down spouts get crushed at least once a year by drivers who don't see a 20 foot high building in front of them. It's going to sure make replacing the down spouts more interesting.

Old 08-10-16, 07:47 PM
What they did on that building I agree was just plain stupid. I have a real zinger for you though many years ago a builder who I will not name put electrical wires down a chimney chase. Something really dangerous and could cause a very bad fire. I am not sure now of the specifics as to how they found the wires in the chimney chase but I do know they had to rewire several homes. All of these homes were brand new too from a very well known builder.