Stay safe .......

Old 09-01-16, 10:58 PM
Stay safe .......

I have friends from Florida all the way up the east coast. I did not think this storm would take this direction all of a sudden at the last minute.

I thought it was going to hit the Miss Ala coast and go north. WRONG and then I thought Fla and heading out to the Atlanic. WRONG ~!~!

It is going inland as I am typing this now. I have relatives that own a high class restaraunt with the low prices in the EYE of the storm now.

Ya'll stay safe on the east cost up there and get your provisions ~!~!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-16, 01:15 AM
We live near Washington D.C. very close to the University Of Maryland although a bit north of the university. I think we are going to possibly get some rain around in our area but not much else. As far as Ocean City Maryland is concerned though we are expecting heavy surf and people are prohibited to swim until the storm passes. The people there though are very cautious and if they think it is unsafe they will evacuate the area. I do have a friend who is visiting the outer banks of North Carolina though and the storm will be much worse there.

I have family in Saint Augustine Florida and usually storms don't affect them but the track of this storm does have me concerned for them. I hope they give us a call after the storm passes to let us know how they are as the storm will hit very hard in Florida.

Old 09-02-16, 04:46 AM
Group Moderator
A moderator/member here, Chandler, lives in GA. Looking at the weather radar map looks like they are getting a bunch of rain. Hope he battened down the hatches.

Old 09-02-16, 04:51 AM
Group Moderator
Probably a bit of local flooding in St. Augustine, Hedge. Daughter's a grad of Flagler College and they would get some street flooding even with a moderately heavy summer afternoon storm. Not sure how much of the rain got over there, we only got about 6" over here, but we've got family 100 miles north up the coast that are in the 10-20" range. Wife also has kin up in the panhandle SW of Tallahassee that will be getting flash floods from the rivers.

Larry is way north, so I don't think will get much if any.

Old 09-02-16, 11:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It hit us pretty much straight on and went right over us... I'm just a few miles from Tallahassee. We lost some big limbs and went without power for 4 hours but that's it. Thank God!

Old 09-02-16, 12:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
We will be getting it next in NC. Last time I looked was a little east of Raleigh.

Old 09-02-16, 01:15 PM
I got family in St, Augustine and Port Richey on the gulf side. I have a cousin that just moved from St. Aug to Tallahassee.

Old 09-03-16, 12:42 PM
Old 09-03-16, 01:21 PM
Group Moderator
That is pretty neat Baldwin! Thanks!!