Fold Out Road Map

Old 10-03-16, 09:24 PM
Group Moderator
Fold Out Road Map

Thinking about a short drive out of town but would really like to see it on a fold out paper road map. I'm not having much luck.

Yes there is Google Maps but by the time I back out far enough to include both cities I can't see details well enough. Yes, I could get driving instructions on line or try for the first time ever to use the GPS on my tablet but I'd feel like I'm driving blind and I just don't like that.

Sure there are road atlases but the cost is way to much. Just want a simple fold out road map of Texas. Anyone know a cheap source for that type of map. Tried the state tourism site but the maps all seem to be on line.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-16, 09:47 PM
Group Moderator
AAA has them in their travel offices.

Convenience stores carry some local ones too. I know here 7-11, Quick Chek and WaWa have them in a rack.

Old 10-03-16, 10:11 PM
The only other possible source I can think of Ray is the local office of your congressman or state delegate. I remember years ago asking for a map of Massachusetts and I received one from Kennedy's office. That though was many years ago but I do know that people still want paper maps so you could call and ask. I wish you luck and I do believe Pete is right if you have a AAA membership you can still probably get a paper map from any AAA office. I never cared too much for those maps that my grandma used to get though as they never really folded but they worked.

Old 10-03-16, 10:22 PM
Group Moderator
Thanks all. .

Old 10-04-16, 01:23 AM
Group Moderator
To wrap this up found one at AARP drivers club. Free so you can't beat that price. Not an AAA member but that triggered the association to AARP Roadside Assistance I am a member of.

Old 10-04-16, 05:39 AM
Great news Ray I am happy for you! I knew of AARP drivers club but our household never subscribed even though we belong to AARP just always used our insurance company for roadside assistance. I never knew that they had maps but it just makes sense that they would. I wish you a fun and safe voyage Ray!