Hurricane Matthew

Old 10-04-16, 10:32 PM
Hurricane Matthew

Hurricane Matthew as I am sure you have heard looks like it is going to be a very bad storm with potentially very high winds especially in the southern states and it already is having a high impact on the Caribbean nations. I suggest that everyone who thinks they might be in the path of the storm that they stock up on food and water while they can. Here is a link to the National Hurricane Center that has the latest predictions Hurricane MATTHEW .

I hope everyone stays safe and when you can report back please do so. That way we can know the status of our friends here. For some of us it is still very early but for others it is getting to be late.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-16, 03:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
We've been keeping an eye on this storm. My wife has some friends that spend the entire month of October at Myrtle Beach and she hopes to join them for the last half of next week. The storm should be gone by then but her friends are at the beach now.

Old 10-05-16, 04:37 AM
My daughter lives in Lebanon, PA and is very worried about flooding. She lost her whole 1st floor when the last major storm hit. At least she is fully insured, unlike many in the area who can't afford it or are just to lazy to apply for it.

I wish everyone well who may be affected by the storm.

Old 10-05-16, 05:24 AM
Group Moderator
Going to be driving over to daughter's house in Palm Bay after lunch tomorrow to help her prep and ride it out; she's west of I-95 and about 5 miles from the coast.

Old 10-05-16, 08:15 PM
I wish everyone especially in the south good luck. I do have a question for you the_tow_guy or anyone else who knows about Florida where is Ocala Florida? We have cousins who live in Ocala and they say they are prepared but I am still concerned for them. To a lesser degree concerns about another cousin who lives in Saint Augustine Florida as I know that is further away from the storm. I hear up here we will get rain but not from the hurricane and perhaps some high winds but of course they say things can still change.

Old 10-06-16, 03:14 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Ocala is just north of the I75/Florida Turnpike split, going South. I75 takes you to Tampa and the Turnpike takes you to Orlando. Wifey has an 85 year old aunt who lives in Daytona Beach, and plans to ride it out. I saw the same thing happen with Hurricane Camille in '69. Don't mess with nature.

Old 10-06-16, 03:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ocala is far enough inland where the storm won't be as big a concern although they could still see flooding and wind damage.

Old 10-06-16, 06:25 PM
Thank you Larry and Marksr that eases our mind somewhat. Latest I have heard is that hurricane Matthew has hit the coast of Florida fairly hard but not details yet just headlines on Facebook. I wish your wife's aunt well Larry and hopefully she has changed her mind about riding out the storm. Hurricanes in Florida can be brutal.

Old 10-06-16, 06:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I've had no less than 8 calls today alone inquiring about our rental cabin availability. I feel so sad not being able to accommodate them.

Old 10-07-16, 02:15 AM
Group Moderator
St Augustine going to get hammered later today. Will be lots of flooding, it floods there with a good summer rainstorm. We're good here in Palm Bay right now, about 5:10a. Still have power here although have had some blinks and a 20 second out when something hit the wires across the street and we got some fireworks. Been blowing pretty good since 0100, mostly about 50-60, gusts into hurricane wind sped range. Some tree branches down, but nothing big. More later.

:

Old 10-07-16, 02:23 AM
Guy on TV just said from Melbourne south should miss the worst of it.

Cutting it pretty close.

Old 10-07-16, 09:21 AM
Group Moderator
Closer to coast has power out. We're sitting here watching tv with windows open. Ga & Carolinas might get the worst of it.