say what ??

Old 12-24-16, 05:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
say what ??

I just opened an email stating today was my last day to take advantage of the pre Christmas sale prices You mean the pre Christmas sale won't be on tomorrow or next week/month

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-16, 06:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
No, it will just change names for the next three months. We had a furniture store on Main St. where I grew up who had a going out of business sale forever. I think they still are after 55 years.

Old 12-24-16, 07:12 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
There used to be a mattress store in town like that, going out of business for almost 10 yrs ... but then they finally did.

Old 12-24-16, 08:43 AM
We have a mattress store (Sleepy's) in town that has been there for 3-4 years. For the last 6 months they had going out of business signs in their windows. Last week they went out of business! Who woulda' thunk it.

Old 12-24-16, 10:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I like to joke with the wife when we drive passed a mattress store as there is never more than one car parked in front of one. I always say "yep, the manager is working tonight" as it is the only car in the lot. Sometimes wonder how they stay in business.

Old 12-24-16, 11:08 AM
I read this post and thought it might pertain to an unsolicited email that says something like . . . . "your 50,000 unused bonus points will expire in 24 hours if you don't click on the following link to keep them active"; all embedded in the logos of some familiar company like JC Penney or Walmart or Lowes and numerous Banks among others.

But when you look closely at the origin of the email . . . . or the trailing information, you soon discover that it's a scam aimed at gathering up identifying information on you.

I've gotten into the habit of forwarding all of these bogus emails EXACTLY AS THEY CAME IN to [email protected] of the logo so that they can investigate further, and then I promptly delete the material 's on my computer. Most Companies have a mailbox to receive ABUSE notifications, for example: [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected].

And I've received many thanks from these concerns regarding this activity, including some very generous coupons in the mail, as a reward.

Old 12-25-16, 06:08 AM
Group Moderator
Thanks for that info Vermont. I know what to do with those e-mails now.