Cobbler's kids have no shoes

Old 01-06-17, 03:13 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cobbler's kids have no shoes

The same thing goes with a carpenter/remodeler. I removed two garage doors a couple of years ago and built 6" walls with low e slider windows. We never used the garage and it had a man door, so all is well. The adjacent wall had aluminum framed, fogged up windows and you could actually feel the cold air eking through. We replaced them this past week with the same type sliders. What a difference.

NOW on to inspecting for other ways of controlling Mother Nature. I look up and the rim joist bays are bare as a baby's butt. Ouch. All that is keeping the cold at bay is a 2x10. Well, it took us about an hour to double up Roxul in the bays for a good tight fit. I know it may be psychosomatic, but I can feel the difference.

Wifey is always on to me to fix things, so now I am determined to do what she says. Next.........attic insulation.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-17, 03:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
My problem is before I get finished with one project my wife want's me to start on the next one or one of the kids has an 'emergency' that has to be dealt with ... and then my wife says "how come you didn't get finished"

Old 01-06-17, 05:24 AM
Group Moderator
Same reason I started my woodworking project entry for the State Fair (February) about 2 months ago even though it's probably a 2 week project. Putting the finish on it now.

Old 01-06-17, 05:39 AM
Now that I'm retired and don't have the excuse of having a job to go to I'm finally finishing up many of my leftovers. At the close of summer I found myself finishing some work I started 30 years ago. A blessing to finally see it done, but a painful reminder about how long it took. Seems to be one of the drawbacks of being self employed.

Bud

Old 01-06-17, 05:57 AM
Group Moderator
Yep. Last thing I want to do when I get home from work is work some more. Its understandable why some things never seem to get done.

Old 01-06-17, 06:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have clients all the time tell me "your house must be awesome" to which I respond - ? who has time to take 2 months off to do a kitchen or bath remodel. Lets just say that my house has a lot of bandages on it.