rebate check on post card. How do I use???

Old 06-09-17, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
rebate check on post card. How do I use???

Title says it all. Got a rebate for AC delco spark plugs from the local auto parts store. Took forever to come as I forgot about it..

But what the heck. What do I do with it?

Here is the front, the back is blank...
Name:  IMG_3184.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  33.7 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-17, 10:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You should be able to take it to the bank and cash it like any other check. A little surprised they mailed one out like that letting everyone know what it is [giving crooks a notion to steal]

Old 06-09-17, 10:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If your bank takes camera deposits should work like any check.

Old 06-09-17, 10:36 AM
Are you single? I found out a long time that my wife is ALWAYS way ahead of me on things like this. I got one similar to that a few years ago, rebate for something, muttered to myself about how stupid "they" were, probably like you're doing now, finally said something to my wife about it, so she offered to handle it for me and the next day handed me the money after stopping at the bank and cashing it. It's apparently that simple, but sure doesn't appear that way to me either.

Old 06-09-17, 01:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, take it to the bank, it is a real check. I was just as confused as you when I got one.

Old 06-09-17, 04:06 PM
From many years back it was my understanding that a person could create their own check by adding the correct information and signing it. I don't think I would try it these days but then again, in an emergency it might still be possible.

Also, congratulation on your trusting wife pedro. If I handed one to my wife that would be the last I would see of that money. When it comes to money they named streets after her "one way". But I love her and we laugh about it.

Bud

Old 06-09-17, 04:25 PM
When I get checks like that, my local convenience or general store (which is also my Post Office) will just take them in lieu of cash.

Old 06-09-17, 05:33 PM
Supposedly you can write a "check" or promissory note on toilet paper and it would be legal. As the judge says, put in writing even if its toilet paper.

Old 06-09-17, 05:52 PM
Check with your bank. I have an app that allows me to just scan a check for deposit.

Old 06-09-17, 07:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Like CW, I could just scan that check into my credit union from my (desktop) scanner.
The first time I used the deposit scanning, I was surprised how easy it was..

Old 06-10-17, 02:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
you can write a "check" or promissory note on toilet paper and it would be legal.
Back in the early 70's I painted the exterior of a 3 story rental house. The owner showed up about the time I finished so I gave him the bill expecting payment. He said he didn't have his check book and was fixing to go out of town, then reached in my truck and tore a piece of paper off of a brown paper bag and wrote me a check. I was very skeptical!! but the bank cashed it As Bud said, I don't know if that would fly today.

Old 06-10-17, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Ill go to the bank and scan deposit today.. I dont has the phone thing but the ATM takes cash or checks and scans them through the machine...