And The World Gets More Insane

Old 07-15-17, 05:03 PM
Group Moderator
And The World Gets More Insane

The Selfie Monkey Goes to the Ninth Circuit Court.
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...-ninth-circuit

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-17, 05:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Monkeys & PETA are about the last things on my mind. What bothers me more is that site runs scripts that don't let you close it. I'll never read anything on that site again.

Old 07-15-17, 05:25 PM
Group Moderator
Selfie monkey? At first I thought you were talking about Anthony Weiner.

Old 07-15-17, 06:10 PM
Group Moderator
Sorry if you had trouble closing the site. I don't so didn't know about that.

Old 07-15-17, 06:40 PM
Hey, I'm not blaming you. Don't give it a second thought. It's not your fault.

Old 07-15-17, 08:26 PM
Group Moderator
If you are running IE in Windows then we know who to blame.

Old 07-16-17, 04:52 AM
I'm not running IE. I haven't used that in years.

Old 07-16-17, 05:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Had no trouble shutting down just clicked X on FF and it went away.

Old 07-16-17, 10:44 AM
If you'll pardon me for getting the thread back on topic, ....

It's not exclusively about People Eating Tasty Animals, it also about choreographing cultural rot. PETA is just one of many agents promoting the change.

You start by redefining labels. Take away the traditional labels that society at large has given to different groups, labels which were created in the first place because they were genuinely indicative of why those individuals constitute a group. Then give those same groups a new label they can associate under but which obfuscates what it is they do or are that makes them part of that group. Which both absolves them of any responsibility to conform to the greater society's standards of "normal" behavior and gives society at large a mechanism to use to turn a blind eye to whatever it is these individuals are engaging in that made them "different" to begin with.

Then you fabricate from whole cloth new "rights" to protect these groups. At first you call it "social justice" or "environmental justice" or even "marital justice." And everybody is in favor of justice, right? So once people get used to hearing it spoken of in those terms, it seems only natural when next you come along with a new law codifying that "right" and protecting it.

So along comes, say, "food justice," and suddenly everybody has the right to food, without having to shoulder the burden of responsibility to earn that food by contributing to the greater good of society.

Ultimately it's about eliminating the social forces that promote one's bearing of personal responsibility. Which inevitably and unavoidably leads to cultural rot.

This deal with the monkey and its selfie is about eliminating a label. Blurring the distinction between man and ape. Because if there's isn't justice for the animals, how can there be justice for man?

Yeah, I know the previous sentence makes no sense, but neither does the rest of their claptrap. It's all hyperemotional hogwash. Deliberately discounting and undermining the 200,000 years of cultural evolution that got us to this point.

What is the most difficult adversity to survive? Success. Because humans thrive on overcoming stress. Our superior ability to adapt to and conquer the causes of stress is why we were able to come down from the trees and build cities and put a man on the moon. And then bring him home, none the worse for wear.

The problem with all this success is that it has placed us at the pinnacle of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, where most real stresses, the existential threats, are nonexistent. So the human subconscious compels us to make stupid decisions, irrational decisions, which leads to conflict, which puts us in stress. Because the source of the stress gives us our windmill to tilt at, a challenge to be overcome, and our mind cannot rest unless it is challenged.

It's not about elevating the "rights" of the monkey, it's about diminishing the rights of man. Because if we're no better than a monkey, then we have competition for our spot on Maslow's pinnacle.

And this is how America (and Western civilization) ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Search this Thread