Stair Lifts

Old 08-01-17, 07:25 AM
Stair Lifts

We need a stair lift. Any suggestions as to brands? Pros and cons?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-17, 09:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I just googled this " stair lifts " And came up with a page full of them, Most were area pacific, Prices may very but saw prices from 1299 used to 2100. Just re-looked and saw ameriglide closeout 999$. Don't know anything about them.

Old 08-01-17, 09:48 AM
A family member needed an elevator for several months to get up to house level. They bought new and intended to sell when no longer needed. I suspect that is a common occurrence and in this case (different machine) it was like new after their use. Might be a good option if you can fins something going on the market.

Sorry, no brand info.

Bud

Old 08-01-17, 11:44 AM
Group Moderator
Bruno makes a quality stair lift. My mom has two of them. You can buy them outright or basically rent them. Bruno Independent Living Aids

If you buy them outright.... they still offer a return refund if you no longer want them.

She also has an outdoor vertical lift that I installed. It can be moved or removed and sold in the future.

These items are costly so shop around.
Like Bud mentioned.... used items are also available on the market.

Old 08-01-17, 07:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
In my area, a new, straight run model runs about $2600 installed. Most offer a buy back when it is no longer needed, Seems they all run on rechargeable batteries so they go even during a power outage. Eventually the batteries fail to hold a charge and must be replaced.