What a difference a day makes

Old 10-31-17, 07:26 AM
What a difference a day makes

It wasn't a hurricane but sure felt like one here in Maine. Trees down everywhere and power was out for 14 hours. The good news was it wasn't freezing cold like out record ice storm so no where near as bad. It was a good practice run to see how many batteries I need to buy and the generator and battery back-up need work. I had purchased one of those emergency crank flashlight/radio units, Learned the flashlight works great (a lot of cranking) but the radio is useless as there are NO local stations. I'll have to send Stephen King a note as he owns a few radio channels.

I have to mention that even for Maine the drivers were extremely courteous everywhere with no traffic lights functioning.

Lost 5 trees but the wind blew them all into the woods so no urgency cleaning them up. Plenty of branches though.

Bud

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-17, 08:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I haven't talked to my oldest son today but he's been working in New England most of last week. I know he's dealt with the rain a lot this time out. He did say he got up a personal with a moose the other day in Maine - tapped the moose with his tow bar as he slammed on the brakes ..... and got out of there quick before the moose had a chance to get revenge!

Old 10-31-17, 08:59 AM
A good friend was up scouting for a moose hunting area and following a nice bull down a woods road. He happened to check his mirror and another smaller bull was chasing both of them. They get a bit crazy this time of year.

Our big truck stop was operating on generator and I've never seen that place so busy. Full service restaurant, convenience store, and of course gas. The line for gas was out into the road past the traffic light. They probably paid for that generator with the profits from yesterday.

Bud

Search this Thread