Shoppers with Motorized Schooters, .... are there any rules for all?

Old 01-27-18, 06:56 AM
Shoppers with Motorized Schooters, .... are there any rules for all?

Hello:
Recently, I've been seeing there are quite a few shoppers with motorized scooters, in the Big-Box stores, i.e. Wal-Mart and Target along with many of local grocery stores.
It appears to me they are in good health physically other than they need motorized scooters to get around.

In shopping, I respect those who need to shop around with motorized scooters, however few of them are quite aggressive and fast drivers while most of those are quite courtesy enough not to hamper other shoppers.

Just wondering whether in shopping, there is any rule for those with motorized scooters? Or, how to shop around among folks with motorized scooters?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-18, 07:04 AM
Use a spike strip. That'll stop 'em.

Old 01-27-18, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by Norm201 View Post
Use a spike strip. That'll stop 'em.
Thanks for the opinion.
In my view, we, all have a privilege to be 'independent,' whether physically cable or not.
In that regard, I want to hear/read others who are willing to share experience on their shopping among those who need an accommodation/mobility to get around.

Old 01-27-18, 07:29 AM
They rank right up there with baby strollers!

Old 01-27-18, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator
I don't believe that being older or disabled is an excuse for bad manners or extra rights. I would have no problem saying something to them!

Old 01-27-18, 09:30 AM
My wife and I are in our late 60's. I always get a chuckle when my wife complains that all these old people are in the way when she food shops!

Old 01-27-18, 10:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Granted I don't shop much but I've never run across an aggressive scooter driver. Usually I'll skip to the next aisle to avoid being trapped behind them.
I agree with Shady - there's no excuse for bad manners!

Old 01-27-18, 10:43 AM
I have observed aggressive scooter drivers also. I usually yield to them and give them a wide berth.

Old 01-29-18, 07:01 AM
Group Moderator
I assume each person using a scooter needs one but there are many people I see using them where I think that getting up and walking around would be the best thing they could do....

Old 01-29-18, 11:07 AM
I've seen them just barreling down the aisle of a supermarket or other store like they weren't stopping for nothing. A couple times I thought I'd get run down if I didn't move out of the way. One time I did quietly say something and the scooter driver apologized. I said" No problem, just maybe take it easy. I'll be nearby if you need me to get something off the shelf for you."