Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Old Folk Homes for Wrist Watches

AK

04-15-18, 04:04 PM   #1  
Old Folk Homes for Wrist Watches

Not sure where to post this? ...but technology made me do it! Please move if needed.

Cleaning out some drawers and came upon all my old wrist watches, most work watches. Not one is more than $20, if that but still working. Not wearing wrist watches anymore as have my cell phone. Going to toss them but thought there maybe a place to land them. Could the homeless use them? Shall I toss them or is there a home out there somewhere for these time keepers? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

MN

04-15-18, 04:22 PM   #2  
I would bring them to a local thrift store. Your donation will then help fund local charities. I personally avoid donating to Goodwill as they are not "local" as your local church thrift store.

Electrical AC/DC and lighting Moderator
Professional Electrician, Handyman, all around swell guy!
40,000 people die in auto accidents per year in the US. We should ban cars.

AK

04-15-18, 05:03 PM   #3  
Thanks! Yes, locally for sure! :-)

04-15-18, 07:39 PM   #4  
Watches

You might want to try free schools or local public schools even though children read digital clocks they still need to learn how to go from 12 to 12 and read it and understand you get the point. Just a thought

MI

04-16-18, 01:37 AM   #5  
Sell them on eBay, old watches are cool!

MI

04-16-18, 06:53 AM   #6  
Posted By: Marq1 Sell them on eBay, old watches are cool!
If they're mechanical watches. Battery watches are so ordinary they sit for months at my local Salvation Army. I've been watching (heh) for a nice-but-not-collectible mechanical watch to show up there for *years* with no luck. Either they're very desirable and go in minutes, nobody donates them, or they get cherry-picked in the back before they can make it out to the display case.

CT

04-16-18, 08:58 AM   #7  
If it were me they would go to Goodwill. I don't understand about Goodwill being "not local." Is it because they are a national charity. Their stores are local, as are their employees. People that bargain shop there are also local. Most important, Goodwill gets a very high rating (A) from Charity Watch. Local thrift stores who knows?

Search this Thread