Yipee

Old 05-15-18, 09:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yipee

We took my wife's brother to the doctor this morning and they cut off his cast although he has to wear a brace on that leg for 6 weeks. His knee hurts more with the cast off and his leg is mighty stiff but hopefully it won't take long before he get around good and maybe even go back to driving. Looks like having to go over there 4-5 times a week to help him is coming to an end

If I remember correctly he broke his knee in February. I know it's been harder on him than us.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-18, 09:20 AM
Group Moderator
Unfortunately I'm getting to the age where I can sympathize with medical problems and the extreme inconvenience it can cause. Hopefully you can keep everyone healthy for a while.

Old 05-16-18, 05:24 AM
Glad to hear he is on the mend. My sister-in-law just had her knee replaced about 2 weeks ago.

Old 05-16-18, 06:07 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I never completely understood it but the docs claimed his knee was in too bad a shape to be a candidate for replacement ?? I wonder if it was more of a medicare deal.

Old 05-26-18, 03:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Might have to take back my yipee
Since he's getting a little more mobile he's been getting out and about. Leaving his girlfriend's house yesterday he fell 8 stitches, multiple cuts/bruises and the xray shows the cracks in his knee might have separated a little. So tuesday I'll have to take him back to the doctor that did the last 2 surgeries.

Old 05-26-18, 04:11 AM
So sorry to hear this. Hope things work out him.

Old 06-14-18, 12:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I definitely need to take back that yippee

We took her brother back to the doctor this morning. His knee is broke again and separated about 1" [but no real pain] The wanted to put him in the hospital for wound care until they decide what to do about his knee. Some how he talked them into waiting until he goes back on tuesday. By then they should have a plan on what to do about his kneecap.

Old 06-14-18, 02:04 PM
Is there a reason for the knee breaking again? Poor boned structure or him not being careful? If possible I would say a whole new knee replacement.

Old 06-14-18, 02:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
He fell 2 weeks ago but the Xray at the ER showed no break. I wonder if maybe it was cracked and just didn't show up until the new Xray today. As far as I know he's been wearing his brace and hasn't fell since.

I asked the doctor about knee replacement several months ago and he said it wasn't an option