Federal Witholdings


Old 02-05-06, 03:20 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 337
Post Federal Witholdings


I have been married for a year and on my W2 that I just received it says S3 (Single-3 deductions) in actuality it should have been M3 (Married-3 deductions). Did I cheat myself this past year?? Or will I just get a bigger refund than if I had claimed M3 for the year??


Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-06, 05:17 AM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 929
You only cheated yourself out of cashflow, and used the IRS as a zero percent interest savings account. You will simply receive a larger refund, or owe less, than if you had done it 'correctly.'

Contact your employer and fill out a new W-4. The amount of deductions on your W-4 can be changed depending on the amount of your refund this year.

A tax consultant can help you refine your deductions to meet your desires.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes