Hit and run by a car

Old 01-26-07, 03:47 PM
Question Hit and run by a car

A friend of mine got hit my a car that left the scene. She doesn't have $$ to get checked out. Could it be covered under her auto insurance?? Does anyone know?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-07, 03:49 PM
Hit by a car

The bike was hit by the car; the cyclist needs the help!!
Originally Posted by passthebengay View Post
A friend of mine got hit my a car that left the scene. She doesn't have $$ to get checked out. Could it be covered under her auto insurance?? Does anyone know?

Thank you!

Old 01-26-07, 05:34 PM
Group Moderator
Very unlikely, I would think. Afraid she's stuck. Any insurance agents or lawyers out there with an answer?

My layman's $.02 worth.

Old 01-26-07, 05:56 PM
Check with insurance company. Some states classify hit and run by vehicles of bicyclists as uninsured motorist. If you have that option, you can submit an ininsured motorist claim. The incident should be reported to the police. It is likely that the bicyclist did not get the license number.

Old 02-07-07, 09:14 PM
give us an update

What did you insurance company tell you?

My wife got clipped by a car from behind. Fortunately he stopped long enough for me to tell him to get out of the car and help.

She was banged up but ok. His insurance company was Geico and they were very easy to deal with on the medical bills and repairing the bicycle.

Old 02-08-07, 01:05 PM
In Pennsylvania...

I don't know if the law differs by state, but I can tell you my experience. I was cycling and injured in a hit & run in PA. I eventually hired an attorney to pursue my car insurance company under the uninsured motorist clause. Apparently any accident involving a vehicle means you're covered by your car insurance.

The attorney I hired was apologetic, and said she spoke to her partners in the firm about the fee. They came down from taking their traditional 33% cut of the award, and took 25% instead.

Old 03-04-07, 09:27 PM
if she has under/uninsured coverage then it should pay.............