Car Totaled

Old 09-20-07, 02:20 PM
Car Totaled

what are my options here in michigan. I have a 96 oldsmobile cutlass ceria. ITS JUNK my dad passed out behind the wheel while useing it to patrol the parking lots of APTS and he hit a light poll. I have AAA and i have no collision coverage. only if someone hits me. What are my options. do I get any money from this car. is he at fault meaning I should sue for money or something. there company he was working for said they might cover it but sense its totaled non-fixable what are my options.Have it in writeing from a repair shop saying its not repairable. it will still run and you can still drive it

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-07, 03:56 PM
If the company might cover it get estimates or fair market value of car and present to them. See what they offer.

Old 09-20-07, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by joed View Post
If the company might cover it get estimates or fair market value of car and present to them. See what they offer.
what they were going to cover was the cost of repair but its not repairable. the sad thing is I had this for about a month and hardly used it.

Old 09-25-07, 12:36 PM
I was told this would be covered under workers comp as it happend while he was on duty and useing my personal car for work as they didn't have enough company vechicals to go around so this would be covered under workers comp cause they also cover personal property so my dad contacted a lawyer hes in trial till wednesday so we will see if we have a case and if he wants to take it or not they would cover the value of the car and lost wages so we will see.

Old 09-25-07, 01:00 PM
Group Moderator
Assuming you can get one of them to cough up, I think you can look at maybe $1500-2000 on the car.

Your Dad's okay?

Old 09-25-07, 08:27 PM
yeah no injury's what so ever

Old 10-26-07, 10:00 PM
Dad and car.

File a claim with both insurance companies, yours and your dad's. Let them sort it out.

With all due respect, how the heck did your dad cause that kind of damage hitting a light pole? Did the pole jump out at him sideways?

I think you will have a hard time convincing any insurance company that hitting a light pole caused this kind of damage that was depicted in you picture.

Good Luck!