Can you fight city hall?

Old 01-20-08, 07:25 AM
Can you fight city hall?

Do you think a Joe Blow citizen can fight city hall? The code here in PA for years has been the same for the location of a water meter even though a bunch of us experience groundwater problems, therefore, not being able to read the meter. I thought about getting my neighbors together and going to some board meetings but my husband says I'm wasting my time. They are not going to change because it would cost them money is his theory. I've been told I don't have a legal issue here but what do you think?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-08, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Don't know what part of PA you live, but do you have neighborhood councilmen/women or maybe neighborhood reps? There are also town meetings that take place where local politicians meet with the neighborhood citizens to talk about important issues. If so, that's where you should start.

Old 01-20-08, 08:25 AM
Group Moderator
Of course you can fight city hall - the phrase really should have been that you can't beat city hall. That's also not true, but it is difficult.

Old 01-20-08, 10:45 AM
I'm sure if have a viable alternative that woudn't cost a lot of money they would at least listen.

Old 01-21-08, 03:35 PM
huh?

sure you can, I'm definitely not clear on your problem, what do your groundwater issues have to do with reading the meter and the meter's location?