Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Law and Legal Advice > General Law and Legal Advice
Reload this Page >

Options after leased auto was repossessed...

Old 04-26-09, 09:07 PM

It's almost been two years since I let a leased automobile be repossessed because I couldn't afford to keep it. I've avoided the collection agency's calls. I need to get this matter settled.

They want a ridiculous amount for an auto that the lendor resold already. I think paying anything is way too much as I don't own the property nor did I have it for use for the entire term of the lease.

Are there any resources for litigation support?

I want to come to a settlement on the debt, but I am not comfortable dealing with these folks myself.

Thoughts/advice?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-09, 04:54 AM
Group Moderator
For starters, have you read through all the fine print in the lease yourself? Might give you a starting point. Next thought would be to get an initial consulation with an attorney. Generally the first visit is relatively inexpensive and could save you time and money in the long run. Try searching on-line for a local lawyer referral service in your area. Referrals through this type of service generally carry a very low initial consulation fee.