Grounds for Divorce

Old 08-22-09, 04:59 PM
Grounds for Divorce

We are in our 60's and married for 8 years. Wife is thinking for a divorce, too lazy to take care of the house, wants to live in a condo.

What would happened if she has no grounds for divorce?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-09, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
Jeez...this seems pretty petty. How about a house keeper once a week? No money for that?

Or did you mean the exterior?

Old 08-22-09, 05:43 PM
No itís not the exterior and itís not about money, wife just does not want to do anything. She will spent half a day fixing her face and then go for lunches, bridge playing and shopping. When she will come backÖÖÖshe is too tired to do anything. Guess she prefers to live alone and that is fine.

I donít mind a divorce; it will be much better under the circumstances since I do all the work now but Iím curious if there is no valid ground for a divorce what the judge will say. And when the time comes to split the household who is taking what. I own the house before we got married so that is not a problem.

Old 08-22-09, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
well... guess unreconciled difference are valid. Don't know the laws up there though.

I'm only 51 and wife is 43...we don't do crap together normally. But when there is a project around the house..we're both out there doing what needs to be done. And we go on roadtrips/sightseeing stuff when we get the urge.

Again..don't know the laws there.

Bluntly..since you really don't seem to care..go spend some money for a lawyer and check your options.

Old 08-22-09, 06:58 PM
Of course my next step is to see a lawyer, just wondering to get a clue before

Unreconciled differences sound a valid reason

Thanks

Old 08-23-09, 04:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think unreconcilable differences are the legal basis for the majority of divorces in the USA..... but as gunguy said it's best to consult a lawyer! since a local attorney is the only one qualified to give legal advice pertaining to your area and situation.

Search this Thread