Disability info needed

Old 12-08-09, 12:22 PM
Question Disability info needed

I have a girlfriend that has worked for Skywest Airlines as a stewardess and she had to take time off for a knee rehabilitation surgery.

They had told her that her job would remain for her when she's able to go back to work.

But, she was "informed today that my job is not secure for the 2 years as I thought, they told me today that it is a month to month situation and if the flying drops down then my choices are I would have to return to work or they will ask for my resignation."

Do you have any suggestions on who she can contact about this and find out what her benefit package and disability consists of?

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-09, 12:33 PM
Is she represented by a union? If not contact the state labor relations board.

Bud

Old 12-08-09, 08:15 PM
Group Moderator
You've potentially crossed into lawyer territory here as well

Old 12-20-09, 04:13 PM
nap
if there is a union, ask them.

If not, you need to determine if she is covered by FMLA. The requirements are she has had to work for the employer for at least 12 months (don't need to be consecutive), has worked at least 1250 hours in the last 12 months and there are at least 50 employees within 75 miles of where you work (not sure how you apply this to a stewardess situation).

If all requirements are fulfilled, the employer is required to allow up to 12 weeks of leave. at 12 weeks and 1 day, if the employee does not return to work, they can be discharged.