Dishonest Contractor

Old 06-19-10, 03:46 PM
Angry Dishonest Contractor

I am hving a dipute with a co that I hired to restore my kitchen after a greese fire. I need to know what I should about them wanting to be payed for what they did not do. But the insurance co nagociated with them and made out a check to myself My mortgage Co. & to them. The Mortgage Co is holding the funds untill we settle this dispute and I need the money to fix my kitchen. This Co. stated the money was for work that was completed but the work is not compleated and they never intended to do the work. I talked to my insurance adjuster and he said it was between myself and this Restoration Co. Please Help me.
Mom without a Kitchen

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-10, 05:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Legal advice on a forum is not a good thing, so with that said, here's what you may be able to do.
If the insurance company negotiated with the restoration company, they have a say-so as to how it is done and how it is finished. You say the work is not completed. You say they never intended to do the work. Have they done any work, yet?
If this company doesn't do the work, who will?

Old 06-26-10, 06:20 AM
What does your contract require? Is there a payout schedule? Are you sure the contractor isn't looking for up front money to pay for materials? Have you given them any money? Are they a local reputable company? Who recommended/picked them?

Lots of questions. If they are a local company that's been in business for a while (IMO the only kind to hire) it's possible that you are just having a communication problem.

A kitchen restoration is a big deal money wise. It might be a worthwhile investment to sit down with an attorney, have him review the contract and let you know what it requires and what your options are.