options

Old 07-11-10, 12:05 PM
options

Hello
I was rear ended 1/05/10 and the other party admitted guilt.
I hired an attorney as my leg was not getting better -persistent pins and needles in the lower leg and foot.
My attorney does nothing but send me on pointless errands and write letters .
It is over 6 months and I am the only one trying to get he and the doctor together.
I signed a form that he would receive 1/3 of a settlement -contingency.
He does nothing and time drags on. I have confronted him but he very slippery and when confronted with a lie he seems to not care nor have any shame.
He has the typical ambulance chasing secretary who is acerbic Is there some way I can either dismiss him or motivate him?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-10, 01:18 PM
I would call the local bar association an discuss it with them to start

Old 07-11-10, 02:22 PM
local bar association

Originally Posted by mango man View Post
I would call the local bar association an discuss it with them to start
>>I was thinking of that but was not sure how far attorneys can stray from duties in order for someone to make such a call.

Old 07-11-10, 03:10 PM
I would just call and talk to them , not necessary filing a compliant but asking for advice explain the situation and see if they can suggest how to proceed

its a free call

I know the woman who answers the calls at the local bar and she has been helpful to me over the years in suggesting how to proceeded

Old 07-11-10, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator
Though it's not what most of us expect..sometimes the local BAR and other local lawyers can be very hesitant to go against a member or associate. This can be even worse if you live in a small town..as I guarantee they all know each other.

You or someone you trust needs to carefully read the agreement. Look for a clause that says "termination of contract" or similar.

This is like a contract with a realtor...there may be a clause that says even if you fire them at the end of the contract..they are still entitled to some payment if the house sells w/in a certain period of time.

Please tell us that this was not a guy that advertises on local TV?

Old 07-12-10, 04:57 AM
wife knows best

My wife has advised that I let time go by and say nothing.
It will work its way out with least resistance.
41 years of rule gives her the last say.
I think he is wrong but it isn't worth the trouble pushing him and cuasing troubles.
This is so typical -I have had this happen before in different places and I think they all go to the same school of 'sleaze'.
The guy with the gold makes the rules is the golden rule and they draw up those "gotcha" contracts while you think they will act with integrity;then you find out it is all about$$$ with them. Some $ is ok but what about service.
Sounds like the Senate.
Thanx for your comments but I think I am just another #.