lost money

Old 01-19-11, 03:48 PM
lost money

I have a question! A family member passed away several years ago. She was my last living elder. My self and two other people were the heirs to her estate. Reciently, the two other people have also passed away. Leaving their spouses who are not related except by marrage. And they were not in the will.
A few days age my wife was watching tv, and saw a show about finding abandoned money after doing our immediate famity, she got around to the family member who included me in her will and lo and behold there seems to be 4/5 thousand dollars on the web site!
My question is,
Should I/ Am I, obligated to contact the lawyer who handled the estate? or can I procede on my own to try to collect this money.
Which leeds to, Do I have to "share" should the found money turn out to be real with any one? (The outher two
people's spouses or their children).
And lastly, What steps will I have to take to collect?
Any information you can give in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-11, 07:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Has the original will been settled? You should contact the state secretary of state to see how to go about collecting that money. But only if the original estate is finalized. If the money was left to you alone, it is yours. If it was left to the estate, the lawyer needs to be involved.