golf cart accedent

Old 06-08-11, 09:39 AM
golf cart accedent

I had accedent on a golf cart durring a golf scramble, no one was injured just hurt the golf cart. dont know how bad of shape the golf cart is in. do the country clubs that put on these scrambles carry insurance for somthing like this? I will pay if i have to I just dont want to get screwed

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-11, 10:58 AM
I had a problem, but I was a member of the club and that might make a difference.

My guest and I both played quickly and usually never used carts. We pulled up to our shots just before the front of the green and hopped out of the cart, but the brake was not set and the cart continued down into the water. - Never heard a word, but the pro actually owned the carts.

If you run into a tree that may be looked at differently, especially if you are not a regular.

I think every situation is different, especially since many of the carts at courses are rented or leased to avoid the winter storage problems.

Dick

Old 06-08-11, 11:32 AM
our cart run off the path and dropped into creek. So i dont know what to think. just kinda going crazy wondering what will come of it

Old 06-08-11, 03:10 PM
When you rented the cart you probably signed a rental agreement accepting responsibility for any damage to the cart. The agreement is pretty standard at most public golf courses. As far as I know the renter is responsible for any damage. If you signed a rental agreement/damage waiver at the time of rental you're on the hook.

The good news is that golf carts are relatively cheap. I doubt that your liability would be more than 2-3 grand if the cart is a total loss.

Old 06-08-11, 04:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
..... and if you do have to pay, it's possible that your homeowners policy might cover the damage.

Search this Thread