will

Old 07-10-11, 11:21 AM
will

How much should I expect to pay for a will which is pretty standard except there is an issue wherein I receive money because of my tribal heritage. It is continued forever whenever someone buids on tribal land- currently my husband is the beneficiary. Although he will collect as long as he lives -after I pass of course- it is a maternal issue whereby it started with my great great grandmother and continues forever on the maternal side. My husband would get $ only as he is in the will then it goes to woman in my ineage such as daughters and grand daughters.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-11, 05:42 AM
Group Moderator
I'd ask this same question of a few lawyers in your local phone book and go from there.

Old 07-11-11, 11:24 AM
atty

Dread of asking lawyers is the reason I am here but I do understand your logic..

Old 07-11-11, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator
To add to the advice given....I'd also ask if the attorney is experienced in tribal matters. I know back in VA and here in AZ, many lawyers put that right in their ads.

You might need to contact someone in the area of the tribe if you have moved out of the region.

Old 07-11-11, 11:44 AM
Group Moderator
Yeah, talking to attorneys is not on my 'fun' list but sometimes I talk to them anyway. I would think you could do most of this over the phone for no cost in order to pick the one you want to meet and pay.

Vic has a great point about looking for one who handles tribal matters, I'm sorry to say that idea did not occur to me....

Old 07-11-11, 02:37 PM
Please see my note about the problem with MSIE9 and DIY.
My mail is windows based and when I click on a lihk from IY it just jumps.
Is DIY and MSIE9 going to get together. I'll tell you ahead of time I can't read your reply as it will come to my windows mail.

Old 07-12-11, 05:35 AM
Group Moderator
Huh?

Sorry, don't understand the last post.

I'm not a fan of IE 9, if that matters, I have uninstalled it from all my machines.

Old 07-12-11, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
While I partly don't and partly do understand what you're talking about I think you might find it easier to just bookmark this forum (by going to the main page first) or click on this link: DoItYourself.com Community Forums - Home Improvement & Home Repair Questions & Answers
Then click on "New Posts" at the top left of the page, then just scroll down and look for all the posts with the green circle with an arrow on the envelope at the left hand side. These will be all the threads that you started or responded to. If they're listed after clicking on New Posts, that means someone replied to your question.
Easier than the way you're now doing it, I think.

Old 07-12-11, 10:05 AM
Thank you for the help.
I just wanted you to know that DIY is working fine with three replies in my inbox using Windows live.com and MSIE9.
Other times it either jumps radically or there is no connectivity. i have no trouble at MG or WTT forums, besides many others like Win 7 forum.
I will chage the bookmark and do as you say and look forward to smooth sailing.
Thank you for listening. Win 7 x 64