Death Wishes

Old 10-21-11, 05:15 PM
Death Wishes

Hello, there are several sites where I can 'free for the printing' of Last Wills and Testament forms, Revocable Living Trust forms, Irrevocable...etc. Some sites say their forms are as is and they are not responsible for any clauses or paragraphs that may be left out, etc. etc. Ideally, I would/should hire an attorney to help me put in place a simple Revocable Living Trust so that my assets do not go into probate if something were to happen. However, I don't have the extra money for this. Also, I could purchase forms locally but that price as well is about $50.00 for the forms I need but another solution. Any forms I complete will also need notary costs as well. How have any of you handled these kind of procedures? I am positive my wishes will be carried out without going through the cost of attorneys. What do you all think? Would you print forms from the internet? Thanks for all your good help on here!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-11, 04:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not an expert but I think the biggest difference between a diy will and one done by an attorney would be the fact that the diy will would be easier to fight if there was to be a dispute. There can be differences from state to state so you'd want to make sure the forms you use are relevant to your state.

I've not had to use a notary often but usually your bank has one.... and they have always done mine for free

Old 10-22-11, 04:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Most forms are "state" specific. You may find good information from your secretary of states office regarding the forms needed. I downloaded mine for a nominal fee, probably $25, and there may be software programs that would be even cheaper. What you are wanting to do does not include "cheap". Save that for buying other things. This has to be right. $50-200 will probably be the cost of having the forms printed, filled out, notarized and filed.
When I went in for my knee surgery, they asked if I had a living will. It makes things so much easier.
And Marksr types faster than I do.

Old 10-22-11, 11:44 AM
Thank you! for the good information! Will get with my state office.

Old 10-22-11, 07:25 PM
I had surgery a few years ago, and my wife got the forms and printed them off the internet for free. And my bank notarized for free, because I am a member. I have had a lot of stuff notarized, and never paid.

Old 10-23-11, 04:25 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Good idea on the bank, Edward. I forgot about that. I recently sold a car to a party whose state required a notarized bill of sale and title, so I called my bank and they said to bring it in. Did it for free, cuz I banked there.

Old 10-23-11, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
All depends on the bank. Both mine only do financial stuff that they are involved with. Think my CU would...but we don't have an office around here.