pre-grant public comment period

Old 03-19-13, 11:40 AM
pre-grant public comment period

I noticed that it seems to be a matter of routine process for there to be a period of time for any "public comment" to be received before most agencies acting in the capacity of a grantor will make final policy determinations of how the potential grant monies will be distributed to those who might apply for the available grant funds. Most often (from what I've seen) there is typically already a draft of the grant policy(s) available for review for those in the public who would be interested in seeing the proposed grant policy in its draft form and/or who might additionally want to submit their comments before a final policy has been established by the grantor. My question is whether someone who is intending on applying for a potential grant might have some better chance of receiving the grant if they were to submit comments during the public comment period. Or will their grant application be considered equally regardless of whether they might submit comments?

Last edited by sgull; 03-19-13 at 01:00 PM. Reason: woops! typed pubic instead of public the first time
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-13, 12:48 PM
Group Moderator
Hard to know - I think the comment period is meant more for someone who objects to some part of the process.

Old 03-19-13, 12:58 PM
I think the comment period is meant more for someone who objects to some part of the process
If that's the case I might go ahead then and comment that I object to the public comment part of the process.

Old 03-19-13, 01:05 PM
Group Moderator
Let me know how that works out for you

Old 03-19-13, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
If you are the person who is applying...I'd back off on comments. Better to have supporters of the project voice their support.

Public comment is meant for both pro and con comments. Any Gov project normally has a time frame where both can be presented.

Old 03-19-13, 01:13 PM
If you are the person who is applying...I'd back off on comments.
Okay. Probably good advice, thanks.

Search this Thread