Surveillance Camera's

Old 08-05-14, 07:42 AM
Surveillance Camera's

Hi, My business rents warehouse space in an old factory. The tenant next to me has installed a camera in my suite which looks at a closed door which connects to his area. We asked him to remove it and perhaps watch the door from within his own suite. The camera is still up and we do not want it in our suite.
Do I have the right to remove his equipment, being it's in my warehouse?

He's also put up cameras in the common area, we are addressing that with the landlord.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-14, 07:56 AM
Group Moderator
The tenant next to me has installed a camera in my suite
Without your approval ?
How did he get into your unit ?

I would say you definitely have the right removing HIS equipment from YOUR space.

Common area is completely different. I see locations where several companies share a common hall or access.... they each have their own camera in there.

Old 08-05-14, 08:14 AM
PJ, our storage area has an open walkway to the common area. We are installing a door this week to completely lock the place down. We've been bidding on Homeland Security contracts, the cameras need to go. We don't want any of our activities recorded.

We're working with the landlord with the common area, but he's still not removed the one from within our space.

Old 08-05-14, 08:16 AM
Group Moderator
I can certainly understand that.

Old 08-05-14, 08:18 AM
Group Moderator
I'd start by covering the camera in your space. Next, I would go to the landlord. You could probably remove the camera in your space but I wouldn't take the risk.

Old 08-05-14, 11:59 AM
I would get a lawyer if I was you and have a restraining order issued especially since the area you are talking about is your area. As for common areas you are probably out of luck as that would not be considered a sensitive area. Best if you can avoid a lawyer but I personally think if you mention considering legal action as a last resort you will get immediate action.