Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Law and Legal Advice > General Law and Legal Advice
Reload this Page >

Speed Camera in Wash. D.C., .... tripped by another speeder?

Old 11-16-14, 05:49 AM

Hello:
Three days ago, I was startled by one of speed-cameras in Wash. D.C. which activated two VERY bright orange flashers. It happend during night-driving around 8 p.m.

I was driving within 45 mph(my brand new car and speedo-meter) posted 50 mph limit-zone, however it was apparently tripped by another car/driver who was speeding to pass my slow-moving car.

My concern is whether those two very bright orange flashers were one for another driver who was speeding to pass my car, and another one for my car which was within speed-limit, 45 mph. If that's case, I might get 'speeding ticket,' even though I was completely innocent?

Any suggestions and advices would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-14, 05:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You can always take it to court and contest the ticket - if you get one. Locally the red light and speeding camera tickets don't go on your driving record but if you contest the ticket and loose, they do.

Old 11-16-14, 07:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I doubt if you will be involved in this or receive any kind of notice. The cameras are very sophisticated and can dial in cars that are in violation.

I forget who manufactures them out here, but it's an aerospace company.

Old 11-17-14, 12:23 AM
It all depends Pinecone my tenant just recently received a ticket from Washington D.C. and he said he went through a red light to avoid a problem with an emergency vehicle. The dmv in Washington D.C. said oh I am sorry but we don't see any emergency vehicles in the picture you will still have to pay the fine. This was on the phone and I told him the best way to fight a ticket there is to go to traffic court and fight it. I think though he will probably just go ahead and pay it and forget it. I would just wait and see if you get a ticket or not and then make your mind up. His fine is $150.00

Old 03-11-15, 09:20 AM
I doubt if you will be involved in this or receive any kind of notice. The cameras are very sophisticated and can dial in cars that are in violation.

I forget who manufactures them out here, but it's an aerospace company.
Thanks for the responses and concerns.
I just forgot follow-up. Now, I want to let you know if there are other folks who have same to similiar situation.

As of today, March 11th, 2015, I have NOT received a ticket.
It's a big relief.

Old 03-12-15, 12:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
These cameras have been questioned in Ohio and probably will require that an officer be at the camera and actually observe the violation. Still in the state house for final votes. We had several villages that installed them to monitor speed and exceeded their annual village budgets with fine dollars within a few months of operation. Big bucks for the municipality and the private companies that read the violations and actually send out the citations.