Pumphouse destroyed by a car

Old 01-17-15, 03:14 PM
Pumphouse destroyed by a car

A friend accidentally backed into our pump house (on our private property on a narrow gravel road while pitch black outside) with his car. It destroyed the pump house as well as alot of the PVC pipe connections to the pump. At this point, not sure if the pump itself was tweaked and cracked. The bumper on our friend's car got torn off and broken as well. Does this situation fall under our homeowners insurance or his auto liability insurance?

thanks for any opinions/comments.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-15, 03:17 PM
I'm betting his auto insurance. Regardless of the circumstances, the drive must have full control of vehicle at all times. He hit the pump house. The pump house did not hit him.

Old 01-17-15, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Yes...his insurance. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Old 01-17-15, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Yes, definitely his car insurance.

Old 01-17-15, 04:41 PM
I agree his insurance as that is the only thing that really makes sense. I would also make sure you get some appraisals of your own as to the cost of the repair and replacement of things that can't be repaired. Once you have all of the appraisals look for those somewhere in the middle they might want to pay only a small amount but if you insist they should pay what you want. If not then you might need to take them to court.