Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Law and Legal Advice > General Law and Legal Advice
Reload this Page >

Texas Divorce Waiver of Service & Respondentís Original Answer

Old 10-16-15, 11:12 AM

My wife does not want to be served by a constable, sheriff, or private process server with a copy of the Original Petition for Divorce. So I am going to give her copy of the divorce petition and then she is going to sign the Waiver of Service Only (Specific Waiver) form.

I would imagine, the district clerk's office would want to know that I have given the petition papers to my wife in timely manner or not.

My question is, after she signs that form, is she supposed to give it to the district clerk's office or am I supposed to give it to the district clerk's office.

I called district clerk's office to ask this question, but they would not answer this question.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-15, 11:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it was me, I'd want the signed papers so I'd know that they got delivered to the clerk's office.

Old 10-16-15, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Ask you lawyer if you have one. Either one of you can give it to the office, but in most cases it has to be notarized, so can she not just stop by your lawyer? That's what I recently did.

If no lawyer, someone has to pay the notary fees. After it's notarized, either one can deliver to the clerks office.