I am confused please help

Old 03-15-16, 03:57 PM
I am confused please help

I would like to understand how torrent sites are illegal but youtube to mp3 converters are not.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-16, 04:07 PM
Did you look at the supreme court case I posted in the other thread. Torrent sites are illegal because the exist or abide piracy. There hasn't been a judicial test for youtube yet but in general recording copyrighted material was found to:

merely enables a viewer to see such a work which he had been invited to witness in its entirety free of charge, the fact ... that the entire work is reproduced ... does not have its ordinary effect of militating against a finding of fair use.

Old 03-15-16, 04:16 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Not all torrents are illegal. It depends on the content. I don't know why you started a new thread. I already explained it to you. Here's a quote from:

YouTube ripping service loses court case but will continue operating | Digital Trends

"But there exists one last method to acquire music without pay: MP3 ripping, which lives in a legal gray area, where technically its legal although the powers that be are desperately trying to change that".

I really don't understand why you want to have your friend sued by the RIAA. There is no reason for it.

Old 03-15-16, 04:51 PM
I came here because I wanted to make sure I got actual legal advice, and not just a bunch of random people giving their opinion. Anyways I got what I needed thanks.

Old 03-15-16, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
There aren't any lawyers on here, so all you're going to get are random people giving opinions, and some may actually know what they're talking about.
If you want an answer from a real lawyer, you'll need to pay for it. Everyone is volunteering their time here, for free. I guess you get what you pay for.

Old 03-15-16, 05:40 PM
Temporarily Suspended
I came here because I wanted to make sure I got actual legal advice, and not just a bunch of random people giving their opinion.
You didn't come here for legal advice. You came here to find a way to cause your friend harm.

I guess you get what you pay for.
If people got what they paid for, there wouldn't be a Better Business Bureau or a Dept Of Consumer Affairs.