how to remove shop glass window

Old 12-03-04, 12:38 PM
hudson
Visiting Guest
how to remove shop glass window

I would like to remove 9`x12` shop glass window but do not know anything about it. Please could anyone here give me advice?

Old 12-03-04, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hudson, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
Unless you hit the wrong buttons, you said 9 FOOT by 12 FOOT piece of glass. Dangerous project here. The weight itself is a deterent. You would also need the proper tools and number of people to handle it. This IS a DIY site but some things are better left to the Pro's and THIS is one of them. Good luck.

Old 12-03-04, 02:17 PM
I'm going to move this to the glass and mirror forumof this website, but leave a redirect from this forum as well so us woodworking guys and gals that think we know what were talkin bout can add to the thread.

Old 12-03-04, 04:16 PM
Are you sure you mean 9 feet x 12 feet?? If it's all one piece, that's gotta be one of the biggest windows I've ever heard of. Whether you want to remove the entire window - or a pane of glass, get a pro to do it.

I do quite a few window replacements and for anything over about 4' wide, I get a helper - and we know what we're doing.

Old 12-04-04, 05:39 AM
If you want to save it, do as the others said, call a glass shop. There are people that work at my shop that "I" wouldn't "Let" help me take something this big out.Older the glass the more brittle, and it could cut you in half.

If you don't want to save it, and your going to wall it in reply back.

A pic of the window opening would be nice to see, but not necessary to remove it without saving.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: