Removing bathroom mirror for wallpapering

Old 07-22-00, 07:06 PM
Visiting Guest
I have your typical "over the vanity" type mirror with the two brackets on top and bottom. Any helpful hints on the right way to remove the mirror before I begin prying and yanking?

Old 07-23-00, 08:00 AM
Visiting Guest
if your top and bottom clips have exposed screws, simply remove the top pair, with help to ensure that it does'nt fall forward, and slide upward until the mirror clears the bottom pair. If no fasteners are obvious,then the top pair is on a sliding mechanism. Take a non-metalic object such as a wood or plastic block and tap upwards-the clip should slide up until it clears the edge of the mirror,then tilt slightly and lift out of the bottom clips. If it won't lift or slide it may have mastic(glue).You may want to call a glass shop for a service call which should cost $30-50. Mirror is glass, broken glass often leads to leakage of red body fluid,and these leaks are at least as hard to repair as plumbing or roofing leaks.

Old 02-12-07, 01:02 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up remove bathroom mirror

This information was dead-on correct. I just took a piece of wood and gently taped it upward on the clip and it popped upward, I then removed the mirror easliy. Great advice and saved me a lot of time and effort!! Cudos!

"If no fasteners are obvious,then the top pair is on a sliding mechanism. Take a non-metalic object such as a wood or plastic block and tap upwards-the clip should slide up until it clears the edge of the mirror,then tilt slightly and lift out of the bottom clips."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: