Deliver a big mirror (5x3 feet) intact

Old 10-24-06, 07:06 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Deliver a big mirror (5x3 feet) intact

I need to deliver this big mirror to my apartment and I'm afraid of braking it. The place does not offer delivery, so I need to do it myself. Distance is not very long (less than 800 yards). Shall I carry it, what is the best way? Any good tricks not to brake it? My car is small, so it would only fit in it horizontally, I guess that is a problem?

Thanks for hints already in advance.

Old 10-24-06, 10:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Welcome to the forums

I would think if you attached it to a slightly larger piece of plywood it would make it more secure and easier to transport.

Unless you are in better shape than me I wouldn't want to carry it that far, is there anyone with a truck,van or trailer that can help?

Old 10-24-06, 10:40 AM
D
mirror

i believe carrying it would cause more problems cause of bending. I like the idea of a truck or just a piece of plywood, strofoam and you should be set.

Old 10-24-06, 10:57 AM
get a couple of suction cups , a strong friend and carry it , its not the far or that heavy

Old 10-24-06, 11:26 AM
D
Thumbs up Thanks for your replies!

I asked a few friends with a bigger car, and got it in on a piece of plywood. Now the mirror is at home intact!

Now I'll just need to put it on the wall, but there seems to be plenty of advice about that in previous posts.

Thanks for your quick replies, this forum is very useful with expert advice! It's fun that one gets better advice from the Internet than from a local store. I guess that's why we like it!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: