hanging a mirror

Old 12-30-09, 10:01 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hanging a mirror

Been working on the honey-do list this week and one of the projects was to hang an oval mirror on the bathroom wall. I bought a “Hangman” aluminum cleat system where you attach one half to the wall and the other half to the back of the mirror. Problem is, I can’t seem to figure out how to attach the cleat to the mirror. I’ve tried Liquid Nails Mirror adhesive, but was able to pry the cleat off after a week, and the adhesive was still gummy underneath. Next I tried 5-minute epoxy, but was able to pop the cleat off the next day, even though the epoxy was totally cured. Actually, it was a disaster narrowly avoided—I thought the cleat was stuck on pretty good, but upon hanging the mirror on the wall, it popped off into my still-nearby hands. Five minutes later and it would have crashed to the floor, shattering into a million pieces.

Any ideas on what I can use to attach the cleat to the mirror? SWMBO doesn’t want the wall clips or track to hold the mirror up. Doesn’t want a frame either.

Old 12-30-09, 11:00 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There are hangers for frameless mirrors but they do show.The cleats are designed to be screwed on and adhesive are not going to adhere to glass well enough.FYI mirror adhesive is not for what you are using it for.

Your best bet and only real option is to talk your wife into accepting mirror clips.

Old 12-30-09, 12:34 PM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
What is the size, thickness and approximate weight?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: