Installing frameless mirror on porcelain tile

Old 06-03-16, 07:54 AM
Installing frameless mirror on porcelain tile

My bathroom's wall is all porcelain tiles, and I've ordered two oval mirrors that will need to go on the wall. Size of the mirror is approsimately 20" x 30".

I just don't know how to do it. Will a double-sided tape be enough? Or should I silicone it? Will the tape or the silicone damage the tiles or the mirror over the long-run?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-16, 08:04 AM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 214
I would think both would be required. Silicone for the long term holding power and double-sided tape to hold the mirror while the silicone dries.

There are dedicated adhesives for the job. One is mirror adhesive.
Loctite PL 520 Mirror Adhesive

Old 06-03-16, 08:36 AM
You will probably have to use a generous amount of duct tape to hold them from sliding down for a few days til the adhesive dries.

Old 06-03-16, 02:19 PM
Upvotes Received: 40
Are the mirrors in a frame or are they all glass? If all glass you should use mirror mount clips that will be drilled into the tile.

Use a porcelain drill

I would not use adhesive or silicone. You want something very secure that will not dry out or begin to loose it's grip.
If you ever need to remove mirrors the silicon and or tape may crack the tile when removing. Albeit holes will be permanent but can be filled if worse comes to worse.

Old 06-04-16, 04:35 AM
Upvotes Received: 2
When I was in the mirror business I did exactly what you mentioned, double sided tape and silicone. There should be no damage to the tiles.