broke 76 inch mirror

Old 07-03-20, 05:37 PM
L
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
broke 76 inch mirror

above my bathroom counter are 2 small cabinets on either side. then theres a 76 in mirror the entire length of the cabinet. as i removed the small med cabinet, a piece of the mirror broke . all i can think to do is buy some kind of corner block frame type things to put at the 4 corners of the mirror to make it look pretty

any other ideas

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-20, 06:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 175 Votes on 157 Posts
You could put some trim around the mirror to frame it like a picture frame.

Old 07-04-20, 06:28 AM
Received 41 Votes on 34 Posts
Ten years ago I built a new cabinet face of reclaimed redwood for a 1980s oak and formica cabinet in our master bath. SWMBO declared that the frameless mirror was no longer appropriate or acceptable but I knew removing it would be a big problem. I glued (construction adhesive) a wood frame to the glass instead like Tolyn suggested. Also added a wood frame around the frameless recessed medicine cabinet on the side.

The noisy kickspace heater was removed and replaced by underfloor radiant.

Old 07-04-20, 06:52 AM
L
what i didnt say before is this mirror is directlly against another wall at 90 degrees and that mirror is counter depth but not as low from the ceiling . i fear doing one but not the other would look silly but i feel not doing the other would be silly lol. maybe ill just put a USA flag sticker on it, think new owners would notice?

also is there any way to put any wood on the mirror but make it easily removable as well

here's a pic of the left side of the setup so you get perspective

Last edited by luckydriver; 07-04-20 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-04-20, 07:26 AM
Group Moderator
Received 175 Votes on 157 Posts
also is there any way to put any wood on the mirror but make it easily removable as well
I guess it would depend on how strong of an adhesive you use. If you just used some two-sided tape or do the double blue tape with glue between it could be removable.

Since the mirror is tight to another wall you could just mount the trim on the glass only using adhesive or the above-mentioned tape.

Old 07-04-20, 07:39 AM
L
given my new pic above im really not sure what would look good. its minor in the scheme of things and can even wait till the renovation is over

Old 07-05-20, 04:37 AM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You can hide the damage and add beveled mirror pieces to give the mirror a new look. Check out this link and go to to local glass shop to order. CRL Beveled Mirror Parts and Strips