where to find wavy antique looking glass

Old 08-18-01, 07:03 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 706
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am looking to find reasonably priced clear, colorless glass that is new, but antique-looking.....wavy like the rolled variety. Around here (CT) it is very expensive. I do not want seeded glass, but the glass you might find in old windows. I need 6 pieces that are each approximately 41 x 12 inches (for cabinet doors). Does anyone know where I would be able to find this either on the internet or mailorder from a reputable source? Thanks.
Old 08-18-01, 07:41 PM
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 15,047
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Specialty glass

Specialty glass can be quite pricey. You can shop around in your area and do some comparison shopping. My concern about ordering sheet glass is the potential for breakage. You might have some luck at http://www.theglassstudio.com. Speciality glass will be a great enhancement to your cabinets.
Old 08-24-01, 07:23 PM
johnam's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 1,869
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
The glass you're looking for may be available at NO COST. Call some local window companies that install replacement windows and have them save some of the sashes on some "old" homes that they may be working on. To get 41" will require a sash size of at least 44".

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: