Diesel fumes on windshield

Old 04-06-02, 02:09 AM
JLHAWK
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Diesel fumes on windshield

Help.... I work at a trucking company where there are many tractor trailers, and alot of diesel fumes. There seems to be a film of diesel fuel on my windshield. Visibility is slim when driving at nite in the rain. I have tried everything, glass cleaner, vinegar, amonia, degreaser, and nothing seems to remove this film. There is a rainbow glare only when the rain hits the window. Any suggestions??? Would be greatly appreciated

Old 04-06-02, 05:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sparking,
Either the hot soap and water or the glass cleaner should clean your windshield, at least temporarily.
Here' what I usd to do when I was constantly on the interstate:
Gets slightly expensive, but pour a bottle of windex in each washer container fill-up. Then clean the windshield daily with a few squirts.
fred

Old 04-06-02, 08:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 160 Likes on 124 Posts
Also, once you get it as clean as possible, you might try treating with Rain-X.

Old 04-06-02, 03:39 PM
JLHAWK
Visiting Guest
thanks for the info

thanks for the info... anything is worth a try...

Old 04-07-02, 06:47 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cleaning windshields

Check at your local auto supply store for a glass stripper. A glass stripper should be used from time to time to remove residues and grime. A stripper will leave your windshield in factory condition.
Check out the other windshield products like the rain shields, anti-glare, and anti-fog products. Go to www.notouch.com to learn more about such products.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: