Nuvi 260W >Garmin GPS<

Old 10-20-12, 12:03 PM
Nuvi 260W >Garmin GPS<

I'll try out your new forum. I have a Garmin 260W. It's a few years old but I have lifetime updates. I don't use it a lot. ( I don't really go anywhere ) I bring it out to the car and plug it in just to use it. Anyway I updated it a week or so ago. I just plugged it in to use it and did actually use it to take a short trip. Anyway the thing seems to have gone stupid. First it came out speaking Afrikaans??? I fixed that easy enough but the voice is just different....more halting. Anyway I knew the general area I was going just not the exact location. I was forcing it to take my route cross-country instead of the highway figuring when it got close to the area it would readjust. Nope. I was about a mile from my destination and it was still trying to U-turn me. Is there another setting I am missing that may have gotten "updated" amiss?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-12, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
I wonder if the update you used was the correct one.
I know someone with a different model Nuvi who updated and the only change was with the maps.

I checked here and they have a choice of 16 different update options.
There should be a menu choice that lists the map and update version.

Old 10-20-12, 04:14 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Also set the GPS to shortest distance or fastest route. Yours may be set to another one that will take you cross country. I have a Garmin 1450 LMT with the lifetime updates, and haven't had such a problem. You need to get the right one as Greg mentioned. It may be trying to get you to Africa via a land bridge

Old 10-22-12, 12:44 PM
Nuvi 260W

I forgot about the settings for fastest route, no tolls, etc. Next time I plug it in I'll dig deeper. As for the updates I seem to remember there wasn't a lot of choices... just a basic update

Search this Thread