Dog Food Bag Recycling

Old 01-28-09, 11:42 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dog Food Bag Recycling

can someone tell me how one can recycle Dog Food Bag?
I have pamorian breed and I use pedigree.

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 01-29-09 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-29-09, 01:15 AM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Recyclers will accept the paper if the bags have been torn apart and he plastic liners removed. You will likely find an interior liner and another one sandwich between layers of the paper. Otherwise, they send them to the landfill.or wherever.

I guess a person could find a use for some of them, but not enough uses to use all of the bags. You could save them up and at Christmas drop your Christmas presents in them and tie on a big bow. Tell friends and family that the gifts are from you and the pup. The bags tend to be waterproof, so you could fill with greasy auto or tractor parts that you want to set aside until a rainy day when you need them. You could use them for collecting weeds and clippings from the yard and garden and then dispose of them if you are not into composting. Split them open and use them under small spray paint projects. Put one by the back door to collect muddy and snowy boots. Use them to collect the pup poo in the back yard. Use them to collect litter in the neighborhood. Fill them with sand for added weight in the back of your pickup truck for winter driving.

Pedigree has received Dupont awards for its packaging: " The printing of high impact graphics and exceptional strength of the package design replace earlier technology with a unique five layer nylon coex and three layers of PE coex blown film. To guarantee seal integrity, Kunshan Jiapu Packaging used A/A and A/B adhesives for the heavy 5 kgs. bag of Pedigree® Dog food. Added to this benefit is the high clarity and high impact of the graphics using autogravure surface printing technology that makes alcohol based printing inks safer and more environmentally friendly."
Not the ink is environmentally friendly. They didn't say that the package was! Winners of the 18th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation

Old 01-29-09, 04:45 AM
F
i use my 55 lb Purina bags for outdoor cleanup. it's not recycling but everytime i use one it's one less plastic bag being purchased and tossed away.

Old 01-29-09, 05:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 722 Upvotes on 633 Posts
I'm with flopshot, makes a good substitute for a trash bag.

Old 01-29-09, 02:16 PM
T
If the Pedigree bag sits perfectly inside the tall kitchen trash can, then that's a blue ribbon idea to use the bags as trash bags.

Old 02-22-09, 07:22 AM
W
Smile

what is i made of exactly?

Old 02-27-09, 08:17 AM
B
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I use them as trash bags. I fold the tops down so they fit in the garbage can, then when they're full, I fold them back up. That way, the bag isn't overflowing, and there's something to hold on to when taking it outside.

I also use them to carry my other recyclables to the recycling center, and store alpaca fiber in them.

Still looking for more ideas though. I have 5 big dogs, plus buy feed for alpacas, goats and chickens. I have LOTS of bags.

Old 03-09-09, 08:51 PM
V
Food Bag Recycling

It is hard to recycle some bags but we never throw them in the trash. We always find a use for them. We use big bags to put outdoor trash in whenever we go for a walk in the neighborhood. It is amazing how many pop/beer cans and fast food wrappers/bags are on the roadside. It's part of our small effort to help clean up the environment. We use the bags for household garbage and also use them in the garage. You could always put a FREE listing on Craigslist to see if there is someone who can use them. You never know. Ask neighbors and friends if they can use them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: