How to get a flatscreen TV face clean.

Old 12-17-18, 02:42 PM
Question How to get a flatscreen TV face clean.

tried window cleaners~~ warm water soft cloth. What the heck cleans W/o leaving swirls and smudges in the sunlight ,they look terrible, after dark not to bad- ANYTHING at all i would like to know how and what is used ..........easily or etc please tell me thank you much bob s

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-18, 03:15 PM
Group Moderator
You can use a solution of water, one drop of dishwashing soap and a small amount of isopropyl alcohol. A clean soft cloth is the key to a clean screen. Those microfiber wipes work really well as they don't leave lint behind.

Old 12-17-18, 03:43 PM
thank you PJmax hope you'er right bob s

Old 12-19-18, 09:26 PM
Group Moderator
I've been using microfiber towels for glass cleaning for longer than I can remember. They pretty much have to be used for nothing else and, when washing, make sure you only use detergent and no fabric softener and don't wash them with anything else that might contaminate them. When you notice the screen is no longer getting clean, that's usually when it's time for a new towel and to wash the old one.

And remember - you always spray the towel, never the screen, otherwise you run the risk of the solvent running down the screen and into the TV. Same applies to cleaning mirrors.

Old 12-20-18, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator
As said, alcohol and water or a eyeglass/screen cleaner would work fine.
If you lay the screen on it's back you can get the surface a bit wetter and avoid liquid running into the unit.
You really should not use products labelled as glass cleaner as many are ammonia based and can damage the surface of the screen.

Old 12-20-18, 04:52 AM
thank you Stick shift. btw build kustom kars have a few winners. Where might i ask, did you get "stickshift"as your forum name..just curious as i am Kar guy all my life Merry bob s

Old 12-20-18, 04:56 AM
Smile

Im' a senior citizen ..so moving the TV flat- wouldn't be a good option for me, but do appreciate your suggestion Merry Christmas bob s