Gutters on a shed

Old 05-12-04, 07:44 AM
revsitup
Visiting Guest
Gutters on a shed

Hello Gang
I have a 8' x 10' shed I built from 84 Lumber. My question is can I put gutters on a shed, just to keep water away from the sides of the shed? I have never done gutters before, but I know you have to anchor them into the overhang or soffit somthing like that. Like it is done on a typical house. Now this shed does not look like you can anchor the gutters on the sides or my be able to add somthing to anchor the gutters. Anybody have any ideas if there are any gutters that are easy setup for a shed? Thank you for all who can answer my question. I plan to shop at Lowes or Home Depot for supplies

"TheBigRigatoni"

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-04, 12:02 PM
Yes you can put gutters and are wise to do so.It will keep the water from getting the bottom of your shed damp or having the dirt bounce up the wall.You can attach the trough with a hidden hanger and screw.Every 2 feet will do.Hope this helps.

Old 05-12-04, 08:05 PM
Gutters will be easy. HOW you attach them depends on the gutters you get.

There are brackets that slip under the roofing; there are gutter spikes and spacers (the large nails go into the rafter tails, the spacer makes the gutter hold it's shape)

Look at the selection at HD or Lowes and choose the style that will work for you.