Storage Building Question

Old 06-30-04, 06:00 AM
jasonstolle
Visiting Guest
Storage Building Question

I am looking into purchasing a new storage building for our back yard. Of course I want one for as cheap as I can go. We have a 10X8 manmade wood one right now that is falling apart and we want to purchase a bigger one. They have a 10X14 Steel at Lowes with a 5 year limited warranty for $392 with a free floor kit. They also have a 10X14 Steel at Home Depot with a 12 year limited warranty for $433 and a free floor kit. They are both made by Arrow. My questions are: 1.What is everyone ones experiences with the steel or metal buildings? Are they worth the money? 2. Is the price difference worth it for the year difference in warranty? 3. What flooring is good to use for the buildings? Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-04, 02:57 PM
A couple of things you'll need to check into before you do the shed. At 10 X 14 you MAY need a building permit, depending on where you are and what set of codes your local jurisdiction follows, and how they enforce the codes. Always check first!!

Along the same line, if you are in a subdivision, make sure that your CC&R's will allow a shed, and what restrictions they might place on it.

One thing I have found with most metal sheds is that the door height is only about 5' to 5-1/2', and I bump my head on the header of the door when I walk into or out of them.

My preference for a shed floor is concrete, or at least large concrete pavers. They don't rot like wood will.