12x12 shead roof

Old 08-09-04, 07:07 PM
bill patterson
Visiting Guest
Question 12x12 shed roof

greetings, I am building my first shed and i am not a carpenter at all, but i have been around it all my life and i am capable of building it but i would like to see if someone can help me with the framing of the roof?? I plan to build one wall at 10 to 12 ft. and have the lowest wall at no less than 7ft. that is height} i would like to just set the trusses on top of the top plates and then just secure them down with hurricane clips and box it all up. if you know what i mean? also when i make the two side walls can i make them both at 7ft. also? basically just build the high wall and then the others the same? but if i do need to make the side walls run up to match the highest wall i need to know how do i make the cuts or measurements on the 2x4 stud walls i hope i put this simply enough? :

Last edited by bill patterson; 08-09-04 at 08:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-04, 09:00 PM
Bill,

There are several ways to accomplish what you want to do. But before you get too wrapped up in the project (meaning BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!!), check with your local bldg. dept. It varies from one place to the next, but where I'm at, ANY structure that is more than 120 sq. ft. has to have a permit, which means they have to have a set of plans to OK. Clear that hurddle first.